|Grey Fox by Ian McDiarmid|
Whereas, a few weeks ago, I was seeking out menswear suppliers which interested me, I'm now being approached by companies and PR firms and I realise that I'm going to have to take great care if I am to:
- Keep to the original theme of this blog; searching for style and fashions suitable for middle-aged and older men (i.e. over 40 years if age).
- Keep the content fresh, interesting and independent of those who would use it as a billboard for their products.
- Not get overburdened with outstanding work.
- Prevent the financial and time costs of maintaining the blog getting in the way of 1,2 and 3.
In the light of these issues, I wanted to share my thoughts with you, the readers, so that you understand any future changes. My vision of the future of this blog is as follows.
- I will, in due course, start to accept advertisements on the blog and, with this in mind, will develop relationships with potential advertisers. I do need to cover the costs of blogging.
- This decision will not undermine the independence of the editorial content - that will be made clear to advertisers.
- I will be taking even more care to ensure that the core theme of the blog is not diluted.
- I will be unable to accept (or cover) every development or product that may be of interest to the older man of style. There is simply not enough time. I write about the products and brands that I like, or which inspire.
If you have any thoughts or ideas, please comment below or feel free to e-mail me (link above).